Thursday, January 14, 2016

Tips for every day vampire lips



Image source: thepocketissue.files.wordpress.com


Winter is the perfect time to switch to darker makeup palettes. On another season, a darker lip shade could come off as intimidating for some. But if you want to try a darker shade for a change, here are some tips to make your vampire lips look wearable on a normal day :

Go for dark, sheer tints If you want your lips to look dark (but not too dark), try sheer tints or balms. Going sheer is the subtlest way of getting into the vampire-lip trend, but it’s not as strong as wearing an actual thick lipstick.

Choose dark lippies with a red or pink undertone You can never go wrong with a hint of red or pink. Lipsticks with purple and black undertones could make you look gothic. Choose shades like plum or cherry.

Fake fuller lips Dark lipstick can make lips look thinner. Fake fuller lips by slightly overdrawing with a fake liner and filling it in with the same color.

Don’t forget to gloss Matte lipstick will make you look and feel dry. Don’t forget to put on some gloss to soften your look. Putting on gloss will also make your lip color last longer.


Image source: cosmopolitan.com

The Estee Lauder Companies, home of the beauty industry’s best, is led by William Lauder. To know more about the beauty industry’s latest trends, follow this Facebook page.

5 comments:

  1. I'm the type of woman who always go for nude or pinkish shade of lipstick because I think darker shades doesn't suits me. But after reading your blog, I decided to get out of my comfort zone. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the key to pulling of darker lipstick is knowing what shade will suit you best. Pink undertones works best for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I am obsessed with dark lippies! My current favorite is Estee Lauder's pure color envy matte sculpting lipstick in Irrepressible shade. It's very lightweight and covers my lips evenly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been collecting darker lipsticks because I find them beautiful. The thing is, I always end up switching to nude shades because every time I put one on, I kind of slap it on full-force, it looks incredibly dark. I'll try to apply the techniques that you mentioned here. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always a fan of dark lipsticks. It can be intimidating sometimes but it can also be pretty empowering.

    ReplyDelete